Monday, June 11, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday MyPlate!

Angela A. Farris, MA 

For my 5 week information management and technology rotation I had the opportunity to intern at the USDA's Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion (CNPP). CNPP's mission is to improve the health and well-being of Americans by developing and promoting dietary guidance that links scientific research to the nutrition needs to consumers. As a consumer, it is easiest to relate CNPP as the creator of 'MyPlate' icon and the former 'MyPyramid' icon.  
I spent my time with the incredible Nutrition Marketing and Communications Team. The MyPlate icon was first launched with the help of First Lady Michelle Obama on June 1, 2011 -- so while I was at CNPP everyone was prepping for MyPlate's first birthday celebration June 1, 2012! A special microsite on choosemyplate.gov was dedicated to the birthday bash. Check out the site here: Celebrate with MyPlate

During my time at CNPP I felt that staff members utilized my abilities by delegating projects at a steady pace to keep me busy and productive. I really felt that I was able to apply my nutrition background as well as my information technology skills during this rotation. It was a great opportunity. Happy Birthday MyPlate!!




No comments:

Post a Comment